General household activities provided by a trained homemaker when the person (i.e., the person, family member or primary caregiver) who is regularly responsible for these activities is unable to manage the household activities or is temporarily absent.
Homemakers may monitor the person’s well-being while in the home, including home safety.
These Homemaker services can include:
- Cleaning, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming and dusting
- Meal preparation
- Routine household care
- Shopping for food, clothing and supplies
- Social stimulation
- Transportation arrangement
- Helping with personal errands
- Washing dishes and putting them away
- Changing linens and making beds
- Emptying the trash
- Watering and caring for household plants